[CT Birds] Stratford Point & Kite

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:41:21 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite was supposedly here at Stratford Point around the time
Nick said he couldn't see it any more (his message didn't go out until after
6 though he sent it at 5:19), hunting and perching and catching one meal
before disappearing. I would presume this is it for the night and will be
closing up shortly. It may be getting to its hunt earlier, though this is
well within my 5-8 recommedation, because of the earlier sunset every day. I
also saw a (presumably) American Golden Plover here earlier, an adult, with
some Black-bellied Plovers. There was still a western Willet feeding with an
eastern. The same weekend schedule will be in place as the last two
weekends. Please be respectful of the kite this weekend, and remember when
and where you can get great photos (without having to chase it down).

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT