[CT Birds] Black Vulture - New Haven, Peregrine and Solitary Sand in Stratford, 8/20

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 20:54:03 EDT 2010

En route to Stratford from MA to try for the Kite on Saturday I saw a Black Vulture flying low over I-91 in New Haven.  At Stratford Point near sunset there was a Peregrine up on a telephone pole eating a small bird of some type (feathers were flying).  The Peregrine had a green band on its left leg.  And finally at the Stratford Marina there was a flyby Solitary Sandpiper and a Black-crowned Night Heron on a post in the water.

Hoping that the Kite is cooperative Saturday morning....

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA