[CT Birds] insects

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Sat Aug 21 07:36:43 EDT 2010

FYI, I noticed the relative lack of insects beginning in the Spring.  Also, absolutely no bat sightings, where I've seen several working my yard/forest area in previous summers.  Also, extremely few lightening bugs, though they appeared quite early.

Sounds like it really depends where you are.  I'm inland (close to Pound Ridge, NY) and am surrounded by mixed, mature hardwoods and a wetlands area that has been completely dry since early Spring.

Barbara
north Stamford