[CT Birds] Western, Scarlet, or Something else

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Sat Aug 21 13:18:06 EDT 2010

Well it's still up in the air to what species this was but I'm kind of leaning towards an Immature Orchard Oriole.  When I first observed the bird something in my brain told me "tanager,"  so I ignored all other possibilities.  Although I do not recall the bird having a conical shaped beak like an oriole, it would make more sense that it was in fact an Imm. Orchard Oriole.  Below is a link to the pic's again if you would like another look.

http://members.cox.net/snaketat/Tanager.jpg

Thanks again!

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles