[CT Birds] Hammonassett Beach SP Swallows and Brant

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 21 15:36:41 EDT 2010

8/21/10 - Madison - Hammonassett Beach SP highlights - 1 BRANT with a radio wire, 1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER, both on the rocks off the very end of the Moraine Trail. 1 BROWN THRASHER, 2 LITTLE BLUE HERONS continue, juvenile MOCKINGBIRDS everywhere. I last saw and heard the estimated 5000 TREE SWALLOWS in the trees just east of the new pavilion and south of the reclamation area. When I first arrived at the park at about 12:30, they were flying in a tight tornado-like formation near the first rotary. Very cool to see,yet no one seemed to be paying any attention.
Tina Green