[CT Birds] Is anybody looking for warblers?

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 08:11:36 EDT 2010

Brenda,

I just got back from NH where I was camping with my daughter in the White
Mountains. This is definitely the time of the start of the Warbler movement
and I heard many moving groups of migrant warblers in the trees at our camp
in the southern Whites, including many Blackpolls which seemingly have now
all moved off their breeding grounds on the peaks. The coolest thing however
was at Crawford Notch State Park in the middle of the Whites. My daughter
and I were catching dragonflies when a noisy mixed flock of migrants moved
close to us. So I pished to see what was in the group and out popped a
Connecticut Warbler close enough for us to see naked eye. There was also a
Philadelphia Vireo in the group but that could have been a local breeder. So
the warblers are definitely moving our way.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England