[CT Birds] colebrook stuff

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 23 00:24:46 EDT 2010

Colebrook reservoir

Went out to see if I could find any sandpipers in the rain. Saw the post that
rainy days can be good for seeing them. Well I had one Semi pal Sandpiper. Only!
Well ya goda have a bad day to compare a good day to, yes?
However, We did see the local Bald eagles. One adult and two Immature putting on
a great show over a very large fish. Also a classic chase of an Eagle after a
lunch carrying Osprey.

On to North Colebrook Rd. Saw a group of warbler movement from car. Got out and
saw:

2 Black & White warbler
1 Black-t-Blue
3 Black -t-Green
1 Blackburnian
3 yellow-rumped
1 Nashville - only migrant
2 Hermit Thrush
1 Gray-cheeked Thrush! a very early migrant

Of the warblers, only 2 were adults. But they all were apparently
moving.........

Paul Carrier and Joyce R.