[CT Birds] WT Kite? No so far

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:06:11 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite has not been seen by anyone that I know of so far
today. It is not that we are not posting it. With the high winds it may very
well have hunted early, just after sunrise, or gone back to the other IBA,
Stratford Great Meadows. No one had it at Stratford Point from around 7:45
onward, and those who have gone through the GM IBA have not seen it. I
highly doubt it left, between the weather conditions and molt and timing,
but be on the lookout for it anywhere in the general area. The gate will be
open around 4 today (if it isn't all day) for anyone who wants to try to see
it. The kite's schedule has become early, and 4-6 seems like a more likely
time for it to return to Stratford Point.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT