[CT Birds] (no subject)

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Tue Aug 24 15:25:04 EDT 2010

An immature Northern Goshawk was perched in the Tamarack stand located northeast of the intersection of Shaker Road and Bilton Road at the Somers/Enfield Prison Property this morning at about 8:00 am - big bird.  I meant to post that sighing earlier today - sorry.

Also, maybe it's the cooler weather, but I have started to see a lot of new birds through the area in Somers, CT.  White-throated sparrows are back in my yard (I have not seen or heard one since late June), and I am seeing a few warblers as well (1B&W, 2BTG and 1Magnolia this morning).  A pair of red-breasted NHs were at my sunflower seed feeder yesterday (first of the year), and 15-20 common night hawks passed by last night as well around 7:30 (they were heading in a generally northeast direction?).

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Senior Project Manager
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
77 Hartland Street, Suite 300
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
860-466-8515 - Office
860-466-8501- Fax