[CT Birds] movement today

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 24 18:31:55 EDT 2010

Today at 3:00 in afternoon, I saw in the drizzle a quick movement of birds
through the yard. i didn't have time to spend on species, but in all I saw about
30 warblers move through feeding and chasing each other. Also a few flycatcher,
tanagers and several Red-b Nuthatch.

Will be watching for migrants in the moon with the scope as suggested tonight if
the clouds are few. i found it's the most rewarding though in Sept while a cold
front is passing through with clear skies. My best count was years ago from 9 to
10 with on average seeing 1.6 birds per minuet during that hr.  Its a fun thing
to do on a cool September night. But wear protection from the bright moon.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton