[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 14:12:47 EDT 2010

8/25  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center    10AM-1PM
cloudy, mid tide rising, 70-75.
At 10AM there was one juvenile osprey on the nest calling, begging.   One
adult was circling the marsh.  The entire time (10AM-1PM) the juvenile
osprey sat on its nest, begging and calling (except for a 2 minute period around
11:30AM when it followed the adult around the marsh).
Around 11:35AM there was a total of 5 ospreys circling the marsh nest, (I
couldn't determine the number of adults vs. juveniles)and landing on the
perch, and the one juvenile in the nest kept calling and begging (wing
flapping).  It did not fish or get a fish delivered  during the time I  observed
Around 10:15AM  about 12 Willets flew around the marsh and disappeared
into the grasses.  Swallows cruised the marsh all morning (barn, tree and  at
least 3 bank swallows);  8 D.C. cormorant fly  overs, 3 cormorants  fishing
in the marsh, 1 Juvenile Yellow crowned night heron fly by, 1 Purple  martin
fly by, Crows, mourning doves, 3 Cardinals, 1 Goldfinch  and 2 mute  swans
on marsh.
Bev Propen, Orange