[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite Yes

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 13:39:37 EDT 2010

When I went to Short Beach yesterday I said that was a birder and asked the
gatekeeper if I could just go in  for free to look for the kite - and he
just sighed , shook his head, and said yes.  If they try to charge you,
explain that you're another crazy birder and maybe they won't charge!  Since
it wasn't there I was out in five minutes -- then got the GREAT pleasure of
(finally) seeing it on Stratford Point when it hunted, caught, and ate a
big, fat vole.  Gorgeous bird.

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville