[CT Birds] Bolton Notch Nighthawks...

Brian Hiller mudbat13 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:11:43 EDT 2010

Last night between 7:20 and 8:00 a group of nighthawks was working the currents over Bolton Notch, near where I-384 begins at Rte 6.  A lone individual started at 7:20pm and was eventually joined by more than 30 others.  This is the first "big" group of nighthawks I've seen but I expect to see larger flocks in the next week or so.  Last year during this week there were more than 200 over Silver Lane and I-384 in manchester.  I haven't checked there this year but it might be worth a look if someone lives nearby.
Brian Hiller