[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows Question

Zagorski, Sara szagorski at daypitney.com
Fri Aug 27 12:47:05 EDT 2010

Directions to Rocky Hill Meadows area:

Take exit 23 off of 91.  When you get to the end of the ramp, do not go
towards Rt. 3, go towards Rocky Hill and the Rocky Hill - Glastonbury
Ferry direction off of Rt. 99. If coming on 91 north you would turn
right at the end of the ramp. Continue down until Rt. 99 (Silas Deane
Hgwy) crosses. Turn left. Watch for signs for the Rocky Hill -
Glastonbury Ferry. Turn right on the road to the ferry landing, but when
you get to the ferry parking lot, continue straight into the woods. This
is the entry into the meadows, a yellow gate will be open. Continue on
the main road, which will curve several times, until you come to the end
where it intersects with the main dirt road that parallels the river.
Turn left here and watch the fields on the right. You will see a big
puddle on the right, and a pull off for cars on the left. This is the
spot where the Baird's has been seen. The trucks should be working
there, and the birds follow the trucks. But keep an eye out in all the
fields.