[CT Birds] Stratford Point Mourning, RB nuthatches, more

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 13:40:06 EDT 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
08/28/10 - Stratford, Stratford Point --  Apart from the WHITE-TAILED KITE
as always this morning I saw 1 first fall MOURNING WARBLER in the thick
shrub/scrub around the tip of the point, 3 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, 12+
BOBOLINK, 1 ORCHARD ORIOLE. Also notable were at least 9 Savannah Sparrow, 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and a dark empid. species. Only other warblers I saw
were Yellow and Common Yellowthroat. The RBNU are indeed having a big flight

I will be opening the gate around 4PM.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society