[CT Birds] Pelagic Trips?

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:12:12 EDT 2010

Hi James,

I think September's deep-water pelagic out of Rhode Island still has
space. Here's the info:

"Since the cancellation of the overnight pelagic to Block Canyon scheduled for
Aug. 23-24,

because of weather, I've continued to attempt to reschedule this trip during
this prime

time for pelagic birding. After discussions with the Frances Fleet, the trip

been scheduled to depart on Thursday, September 9th at 9 PM and return at 9 PM
on September 10th.

We will depart from the Galilee Dock in Narragansett aboard the 'Lady Frances'.

This boat is the newest and fastest boat of the Frances Fleet.
There are bunks onboard for 45 passengers but this trip will be limited to
38.The idea would be to sleep on the way and wake up at dawn on the shelf edge
90 miles out , bird until 3 PM and return to port. There is a full Galley and
food and drink can be bought or you can bring your own. The cost of the trip if

we can get 38 birders will be $135.

This trip could present a great opportunity to possibly see some of the rarer
visitors to RI waters such as Audobon's Shearwater, Bridled and Arctic Tern,
South Polar Skua, Jaegers, White-faced and Leech's Storm-petrels and possibly a

first RI record Band-rumped Storm-petrel. Band-rumps have been regularly seen
over the past few years on Mass. trips to the canyons south of Nantucket.

Since many from the original trip are unable participate there should be a

of spots available for anyone who may be interested. If you are interested in
participating please e-mail me at dcpedro AT cox.net  as soon as possible.

Carlos Pedro "

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT