[CT Birds] WT Kite info/video

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 20:23:07 EDT 2010

New 2-minute video of the White-tailed Kite hunting, hovering, soaring,
interacting with gulls/terns, sitting on the beach and on a snag:
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

The kite came in only once tonight, when I posted it earlier. It left about
7 minutes later, hunting and catching prey quickly before retreating back to
Short Beach with it. It presumably stayed there for the rest of the night.
We did not see it as of about 7:30. Around that time I saw what I assume was
a Peregrine Falcon flying low to the west over the back field of the
property. This may have prevented a return...apart from the hundreds of
gulls catching bugs all around us in the air. They didn't catch enough, ugh.
Do not count on the gate being open tomorrow morning. It may be, it may not.
I will probably be there to open it tomorrow evening.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT