[CT Birds] Philadelphia Vireo plus 350 warblers Bluff Point

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Aug 30 09:27:27 EDT 2010

A rather frustrating morning with birds going over too high. The winds were stronger than predicted. John Oshlick and I had the following Notables;

Black-billed Cuckoo (1)
Chimney Swift (7)
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (3)
Eastern Wood-Pewee (3)
"Traill's" Flycatcher (2)
Eastern Kingbird (4)
White-eyed Vireo (2)
Philadelphia Vireo (1)
Red-eyed Vireo (3)
Red-breasted Nuthatch (15)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (2)
Catharus species (2)
Brown Thrasher (2)
Northern Parula (2)
Yellow Warbler (1)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (10)
Black-throated Green Warbler (5)
Prairie Warbler (1)
Blackpoll Warbler (15)
Black-and-white Warbler (3)
American Redstart (50)
Ovenbird (2 doing morning flight as the exception proving the rule!)
Oporonis species (1 very frustrating look in flight, didn't even mention this one to John. It has been a while since I've seen one sitting at Bluff)
Common Yellowthroat (3)
Unidentified approx (250)
Scarlet Tanager (4)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (6)
Bobolink (20)
House Finch (16, appear to be moving this year?)

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.