[CT Birds] Fw: Re: quiz - The Answer

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Aug 30 09:46:37 EDT 2010

I am wary of identifications from photographs. The potential for photos to be misleading can be considerable. In the first photo, there is no reference to size and the birds position distorts its proportions. So when I saw it, I started by looking at each visible feature to build a whole. First impressions can be very misleading. Sometimes it's better to look at a picture, get a first impression, then work hard to prove your impression wrong. If you can't prove it wrong, then maybe your first impression was right!

Actually Greg's blog link comment of "maybe not a fair one" made me first think before looking at the pic along the lines of an aviary bird, and I was wondering if I was going to have to pull out some southeast Asia references!

Dave

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.