[CT Birds] Gull-Goldfinch Questions

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:55:20 EDT 2010

As for #1, we, the collective group at Stratford Point last night, observed
hundreds if not thousands of Ring-billed, Herring, and Laughing Gulls
catching insects in the air last night over Stratford Point and Short Beach.
If people are that interested perhaps some of our photographers from last
night would send me shots to put up in the CAS blog. I know Scott Vincent
got amazing photos with insects just in front of gulls, and even a shot with
a Ring-billed that has an insect in its bill. This went on for over an hour
and was the only real entertainment while we waited for the kite that didn't
return again. I have seen this phenomenon regularly at Stratford Point in
the past. Watch for it in other locations as it definitely seems to be the
right time. It's a very strange sight.

The White-tailed Kite was last seen heading to Short Beach around 10. The
gate should be open nearly the entire day and evening.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT