[CT Birds] RI Pelagic Trip spots still available!

Mardi Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Tue Aug 31 16:58:18 EDT 2010

Dear birders et all,

I just heard that the RI Pelagic trip still has available room. If you
are interested contact Carlos Pedro
asap, Here is the info below.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, CT
mardi1 at optonline.net

I am passing this along from Carlos Pedro
If you are interested in participating please e-mail me at dcpedro AT
cox.net  as soon as possible.
The trip has been re- scheduled to depart on Thursday, September 9th
at 9 PM and return at 9 PM
on September 10th.

We will depart from the Galilee Dock in Narragansett aboard the 'Lady
Frances'.
This boat is the newest and fastest boat of the Frances Fleet.
There are bunks onboard for 45 passengers but this trip will be
limited to
38.The idea would be to sleep on the way and wake up at dawn on the
shelf edge
90 miles out , bird until 3 PM and return to port. There is a full
Galley and
food and drink can be bought or you can bring your own.
The cost of the trip if we can get 38 birders will be $135.

This trip could present a great opportunity to possibly see some of
the rarer
visitors to RI waters such as Audobon's Shearwater, Bridled and Arctic
Tern,
South Polar Skua, Jaegers, White-faced and Leech's Storm-petrels and
possibly a
first RI record Band-rumped Storm-petrel. Band-rumps have been
regularly seen
over the past few years on Mass. trips to the canyons south of
Nantucket.
The Brookline Bird club trip to the Canyons just east of Block Canyon
had
a tremendous trip this past weekend (20+ White-faced Storm-Petrels,
Great Skua,
Band-rumped Storm-Petrel and Long-tailed Jaeger) and we're hoping to
get some
good birds.

Carlos Pedro
dcpedro AT cox.net