[CT Birds] RI Pelagic Trip spots still available!

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:41:34 EDT 2010

As the bottom of that message notes, last weekend's pelagic out of
Cape Cod to the edge of the Continental Shelf was EPIC in terms of ABA
rarities. Any trip with a WHITE-FACED STORM-PETREL is a huge success,
so recording over TWENTY is just amazing (and unprecedented). They
also had GREAT SKUA, a possible SOUTH POLAR SKUA (evaded certain
identification) and LONG-TAILED JAEGER, plus both pelagic phalaropes
and other goodies.

This Rhode Island trip will be visiting waters along the shelf edge
not very far to the west of last weekend's trip out of Cape Cod, so
it's reasonable to think that this trip could be a success as well.
Plus, who knows what Hurricane Earl may drag up from the tropics and
Gulf Stream.

If you want to see a White-faced Storm-Petrel without traveling to New
Zealand or Cape Verde, this looks like the year to see one.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT