[CT Birds] Tropical storm watch/STFD Point gate

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 17:01:34 EDT 2010

I will be opening the Stratford Point gate around 5:30. Until then...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FROM THE NORTH
CAROLINA/VIRGINIA BORDER TO SANDY HOOK NEW JERSEY...INCLUDING
DELAWARE BAY SOUTH OF SLAUGHTER BEACH AND THE CHESAPEAKE BAY SOUTH
OF NEW POINT COMFORT.

A HURRICANE WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FROM WOODS HOLE TO SAGAMORE BEACH
MASSACHUSETTS...INCLUDING MARTHAS VINEYARD AND NANTUCKET.

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FROM SANDY HOOK NEW JERSEY TO
WOODS HOLE MASSACHUSETTS...INCLUDING BLOCK ISLAND AND LONG ISLAND
SOUND.

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FROM NORTH OF SAGAMORE BEACH
TO THE MOUTH OF THE MERRIMACK RIVER MASSACHUSETTS.

Yes, Long Island Sound (and thus coastal Connecticut) has a tropical storm
watch. Without breaking out models from the GFS to the Euro and all kinds of
complex tropical cyclone stuff...a track closer to the coast, while *not
probable*, is *more likely* than it was even earlier today. We really need
to monitor Earl constantly at this point. While *very unlikely*, a track
like Bob or Gloria is more possible now, when it seemed near impossible 24
hours ago. It has trended northwest on the models. While I still doubt
landfall will occur anywhere, it will be close, and we *may *experience
tropical storm conditions.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT