[CT Birds] Milford Point - knots, skimmers, golden plover

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Thu Sep 2 15:43:44 EDT 2010

9/2/10, 0700-0800 Milford Point, Milford, CT (tide receding) with Charlie Barnard - 6 Red Knots in basic plumage, 1 American Golden-Plover, 3 juvenile Black Skimmers.  Also several Yellow-crowned Night-Herons (both adult and juv).  Later during a brief stop at Stratford Point (gun club), I observed 3 Palm Warblers on the fence along fisherman's trail.  No sign of the White-tailed Kite while there, although others may have seen it at some point today; thus far, there's been nothing reported to the list (to my knowledge) for 9/2/10.  It will be interesting to see if the storm influences the kite's departure.

Brenda Inskeep