[CT Birds] In Support of Hurricanes

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 21:10:48 EDT 2010

It was later in the season when Hurricane Gloria stuck CT 25 years  ago... Sept
28th I think.  Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the  northerly winds that
will follow this storm might bring a nice  early wave of migrating hawks.  The
day after Gloria came through I went to my  hawk banding station near Lighthouse
Pt to find my blind completely  blown away but the table that was inside of it
still sitting right on  the floorboards where it was the day before.  We slapped
the blind  together best we could and had a great day netting, banding and
releasing more than 50 raptors.  This is an earlier storm but still  might bring
a decent movement to be witnessed by those with an eye to the sky  on Saturday.

Jim

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com