[CT Birds] Purple finch

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 11:32:34 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

 Had my first purple finch of the fall this morning at the feeders. Also noted a fly by pileated woodpecker along with the resident bluebirds all over the nest boxes out back this morning. Scarlet tanager has been singing his farewell song the last few mornings.

Eastern wood pewee has been around the last week vocalizing and chasing birds late afternoons. The orioles shipped out last week..... Soooo quiet without them, along with the resident male ruby throat.  I still have plenty of immature hummingbirds around.

For Roy --

9/3--- Southington ----Sanctuary  feeders  PURPLE FINCH

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT