[CT Birds] WT Kite

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 17:14:21 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite was at Stratford Point for day 35 until about 6:25AM
according to Charlie Barnard. I arrived there right about that time and must
have just missed it. There was an American Kestrel in the area as well. We
watched the water for a while and the best thing we saw fly by was an adult
Black Skimmer. Western CT, as we thought about 48 hours before, was not
close enough to the storm for anything to be downed here or to the ocean to
have anything pushed in. We had some hope, but the loss of strength in the
TC really meant you had to be close to it.

The gate will not be open tonight, or tomorrow morning, evening, etc. As I
said last weekend it will not regularly be opened during the weekend or
evenings. The best times to try are business days during normal business
hours. Even then no one might be there, so if you have not seen it, you may
want to email ahead.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT