[CT Birds] Fw: eBird Report - Short Beach Park , 9/4/10

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 4 21:17:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Amazing numbers of gulls (laughing and ring-billed) and Common Terns on the
lower Housatonic River late this afternoon, 4 Sept... no doubt storm-related.
 So many to look through, but there easily could be a Franklin's Gull in with
them. Also I was intent on scanning through the flocks for a jaeger (perfect
timing) or something even more rare [at least 1 Sabine's Gull and 1 Skua (So.
Polar apparently) were seen on Cape Cod this morning].  All 9 Black Skimmers
were juveniles.  I hope to get back out Sunday morning.
The White-tailed Kite put on a nice show.
Frank Mantlik