[CT Birds] Blue Grosbeak Cove Island Bird Sanctuary

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Sun Sep 5 08:38:32 EDT 2010

9/5/10, 0620 - There was a Blue Grosbeak (female) calling loudly and continuously at Cove Island Bird Sanctuary. I had excellent, close views; the bird was first seen along the north perimeter and later moved to the center field and perched on a snag near the pond. Then a couple large flocks of honking geese flew fairly low and directly over, thus, perhaps scaring the grosbeak; it took off towards the tree-line heading west and I was not able to relocate it in the short time I had left to visit.

Brenda Inskeep