[CT Birds] All quiet on the western front...

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 5 10:38:38 EDT 2010

My memory tells me of these past hurricane-related rare birds:
- The state's only White-faced Storm-petrel (then called Frigate Petrel) was
found (specimen) at Milford Point in the early 1980's (Gloria?). Perhaps that
same storm brought in a number of flocks of Black Skimmers.
- Following one hurricane, there were several sightings of Sooty Terns in CT.
 Maybe a Bridled as well.
- Following the last tropical storm, Charlie Barnard & I saw a Parasitic Jaeger
off the Lordship Seawall 9/20/05.

Frank Mantlik