[CT Birds] WT Kite continues

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:00:34 EDT 2010

I posted a 5th video of the White-tailed Kite, and if you haven't seen them,
scroll down a bit for the other day's amazing shots:

After sitting on the cedars at Milford Point, the kite was briefly at
Stratford Point this evening around 6:30. It hunted and caught a vole, then
ate it on the juniper. It departed towards the Housatonic when it finished
eating. As I wrote in the blog, the tail still has quite a ways to go with
the molt. I expect it will stay even through a strong cold front that should
go through Wednesday. Thursday should be a nice migrant morning and hawk
watching day.

Speaking of migrants...

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
09/05/10 - Stratford yard -- 3 PURPLE MARTIN, 12 AMERICAN PIPIT, both
flyover migrant groups.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society