[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows has fewer birds than recent weeks

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:11:36 EDT 2010

The post-hurricane winds encouraged some migrants to depart our area.
I was in Rocky Hill Meadows  Sun Sept 5th  600pm-645pm and found fewer birds
there today than in previous weeks....

Northern Harrier, 1 juv.
Killdeer, 15  (this was a big reduction from previous weeks).
Least Sandpiper, 4.
no other "shorebirds" (although i looked for them).
Red-bellied Woodpecker and Flicker calling from the woods.
Cowbirds, 40.
Starling, 20.
Song Sparrow, 2.
and the usual swallows.

I was there for less than an hour, checked the several most recently active
parts (but not every remote corner) of the meadows, and it was definitely
quieter than in previous weeks.
Tom Robben
Glastonbury CT