[CT Birds] LHPP - 09-07-2010 - Underwhelming

semismart9 at aol.com semismart9 at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 14:50:03 EDT 2010

Once more, what a difference a day makes.

Today, 9-7, the cloud cover for most of the morning ranged from 40 to 60 percent. Wonderful. No deep blue.

Yesterday the breeze was from the SW. Today the wind from the SW was at a reading of 4, right from the beginning at 5:30 AM E S T.

Yesterday Greg had about 2,300 Bobolinks. Today, I had a total of 29..... for the day.

I did have 3 Kingbirds, about 70 Tree Swallows and 12 Hummingbirds.

Oh, yes, the Hawks... 4 Osprey, 1 Cooper's Hawk, probably the local, and 3 Northern Harriers.

Underwhelming day.

Bill Banks