[CT Birds] WT Kite continues

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:21:15 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite just flew from Stratford Point towards Short Beach
here on day 39. I put some more great photos up yesterday:
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/ including one of a raptor I hope to see
interacting with the kite soon enough. I imagine the kite would lose that
battle, though.

For those who have still not come and want to (there are many), the gate is
open during normal business hours for the most part. This has no definition
- 8 or 9, occasionally earlier, to 3 or 4, occasionally later. Sometimes it
is not open at all even during the week. While I still really enjoying
having he or she with us, as does everyone here, the days cannot revolve
around it at the moment. I wish they could. If you have not come, the
address 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford, easy to find with any online
directions site. The kite is most likely here in the morning or evening, but
as you can see now, it may occasionally be here in the middle of the day. It
is conspicious and unmistakable while hunting in the morning or evening. At
other times check the trees on the property from a distance. It will sit in
the open in cool less sunny times, but be well hidden in the heat of days
like today. It is wary of humans and vehicles. Always talk to others who are
here as they may be repeat visitors who know the kite well. You can view the
kite while the gate is closed in the morning or evening from Prospect Drive
itself. You'll likely see it hunting or in a tree, perhaps close to you by
the road.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT