[CT Birds] pending huge flight?

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:39:35 EDT 2010

Hi all, regarding the cold front that has just swept across the
region...there is a very intriguing post from Bill Evans, night flight
call authority, on the Night Flight Calls listserv. He discusses the
potential for a HUGE passerine flight over the next two nights. It has
been making the rounds on other listservs this afternoon, so I figured
I would pass it on.

Read it here:

Seems like there has been more recent nocturnal migration in our area
(Aug 30th-ish?), but I admittedly haven't been keeping up with it
much. If birds are indeed backed up to our north and west as Mr. Evans
suggests, it could indeed be a significant flight!

Not making any predictions, just passing along the info...

(For those of us who will be on the Thurs-Fri overnight pelagic out of
Rhode Island...study your passerines-in-flight identification skills
in addition to the seabirds!)

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT