[CT Birds] Gray-cheeked Thrush +, Birdcraft

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Thu Sep 9 20:07:01 EDT 2010

 From Alex Burdo, James Randall, Judy Richardson, Kathy Van Der Aue,
Judy W., Fred, Jan and others:

9/8:

There was only one net check as we closed soon after due to thunder

2 Northern Cardinals; 1 recap
2 Gray Catbirds
1 Northern Waterthrush

9/9:

Today's flight was dominated by American Robins, Gray Catbirds and
Common Yellowthroats with some nice surprises, especially in the
thrush category. These are the numbers of banded birds but uwe didn't
spend much more time out to tally other migrants until the end.

5 American Robins; 1 recap
1 Wood Thrush--juvenile
1 Gray-cheeked Thrush--I believe the consensus on this bird was that
it was a juvenile
7 Gray Catbird
1 Ovenbird
1 Northern Waterthrush
7 Common Yellowthroat

8 species, 28 individuals, 2 recaps

Un-banded Highlights, 9/9:

1 Broad-winged Hawk
3 Black-crowned Night-Heron--incl. 1 adult
1 American Redstart

I'll post photos of the thrush soon; probably not until tomorrow
afternoon: http://floridascrubjay.wordpress.com/

Alex Burdo
Fairfield
http://floridascrubjay.wordpress.com/