[CT Birds] Wonderful Book

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:36:21 EDT 2010

For those of you that like a good read on those long winter nights waiting
for spring migration, I just finished a lovely book, *The Seasons of the
Robin* by Don Grussing.  The author manages to put you right in the mind of
a young robin from his first attempts to break out of his egg and through
all the seasons until he returns "home" in the spring.   It's not corny or
romantic; I found it profound.  It is well written and would be a great gift
for a birder, backyard birdwatcher or anyone who appreciates the natural
world around him/her.  It would also be a wonderful book for a younger
person (maybe 7th grade and above) to help them get away from the X-Box and
television and appreciate the beauty of the world that surrounds them and
creatures in it.

Jan Hollerbach