[CT Birds] Boothe 308 raptors, Raven, RB Nuts, etc.

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Sat Sep 11 18:41:20 EDT 2010

It was a great day at the Boothe Park Hawk Watch in Stratford considering we had no clouds and the only observers were Charlie Barnard and myself. We had the following in 7.25 hours...

Raptor migrants:
12 Turkey Vulture (plus plenty of locals)
27 Osprey
5 Bald Eagle (all adults)
4 Northern Harrier
100 Sharp-shinned Hawk
4 Cooper's Hawk
129 Broad-winged Hawk
12 American Kestrel
3 Peregrine Falcon
1 Unknown accipiter (a good chance this was a Northern Goshawk - too far to call it unfortunately)
3 Unknown falcon
8 Unknown raptor
TOTAL - 308

And local Red-tails and Red-shoulders.

Other notables in the park at our site/migrants:
1 COMMON RAVEN (soaring over)
64 BOBOLINK
2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH
1 Black-and-white Warbler
1 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Savannah Sparrow
17 Chimney Swift
2 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
5 Tree Swallow
2 Barn Swallow
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
1 House Wren
1 Gray Catbird

 From Scott Kruitbosch with Charlie Barnard:
09/11/10 - Stratford, Boothe Park Hawk Watch -- 1 COMMON RAVEN, 64 BOBOLINK, 2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, 3 PEREGRINE FALCON.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society