[CT Birds] shotguns and Geese

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 17:05:52 EDT 2010

The Colebrook Reservoir is owned and policed by the MDC, and I don't believe
that hunting is permitted there (but I could be wrong).

The best thing to do -- if you don't have the MDC emergency number with you
at the time -- is to call 911 and let them decide how to handle it.  If the
hunting is illegal, there may be an agreement with the local police to
arrest violators.

It is always a good idea to know who owns the land you're on, so that you're
familiar with their policies.  Some private reserves do allow hunting and it
is a good idea to be aware of this if you're hiking where you might be shot
by accident.

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville, CT