[CT Birds] feed or not to feed?

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Tue Sep 14 12:06:40 EDT 2010

Paul,

     One of the better feeder locations I have seen was at Shaver's Creek
Environmental Center near Tussey Mountain, PA.  The only view of the feeder
is from inside their building at the viewing window.  From that window,
behhind the feeder,  all you see is bushes, of heights taller than the
feeder is high.  From outside the building, the feeder is not visible.  The
bushes surrounding the feeder at the corner of the building connect to the
shrub/tree line nearby.  The birds have a safe entry/exit route and all
angles of attack by raptors are thwarted.

Mike Warner
Wilton CT.