[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill (Litchfield, CT) hawk watch, Wednesday (15 Sept) and today

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 16 08:20:06 EDT 2010

Broad-winged hawk flight picked a bit yesterday, Wednesday (15 Sept) at the
Chestnut Hill (Litchfield, CT) hawk watch but still a lot lower numbers then the
weather conditions would have indicated with strong NW winds. We counted just
100 broad-winged (BW) hawks. The BW's went over very high and fast. The only
kettle of BW's was one group of 17. We did have two bald eagles, one right after
the other.
Weather conditions  do not look good for a major flight today (Thursday, Sept
16), with winds from the the S. Anticipate better conditions on Friday (17 Sept)
after the front goes through with NW winds.

David W Babington
Washington, CT