[CT Birds] Western Kingbird

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Thu Sep 16 17:41:23 EDT 2010

>From Greg Hanisek

Sept. 16 Watertown, Sandbank Road - juvenile WESTERN KINGBIRD, c. 8:45 a.m.; very pale individual with little yellow showing while perched below eye level on a barbed wire fence; yellow low on belly and on undertail coverts most noticeable in flight; tail looked quite fresh with whites outer rectrices obvious against black inner ones; I watched it for about 10 minutes; it eventually got out of sight and as far as I know has not been relocated despite several people looking; there's a lot of habitat, as anyone who's looked for Northern Shrike at this site knows, but it's also the time of year when this bird might have kept moving