[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Migration Festival this Sunday, September 26th
PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Sep 20 13:41:46 EDT 2010
The annual Lighthouse Point Park Migration Festival will be this weekend at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven. Come celebrate the spectacle and mystery of migration at one of the best places to see migrating wild hawks in New England!
* Live Bird Shows featuring Hawks and Owls!
* See wild birds up close at banding demonstrations!
* See and feel Long Island Sound Creatures in touch tanks!
* Children's activities and fun for the whole family!
* Ride the Old-Fashioned Carousel!
* Tour the Historic Lighthouse!
* Live Music by the Blue Trail Band!
* Hands-on Butterfly Tagging!
* Bird walks and more!
For more details and the complete schedule of events please see:
For photos from past years' events please see:
Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
Phone: (203)264-5098 x305
or 203-267-6732 x305
pcomins at audubon.org
Audubon Connecticut is on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudubonCT
Friends of Conte is on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-the-Silvio-O-Conte-National-Fish-and-Wildlife-Refuge/121976791147545?v=wall
More information about the CTBirds