[CT Birds] Eagleville migrants

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 20:43:36 EDT 2010

It's a very rare day when there are more broad-wingeds over my yard than at Lighthouse, but with one kettle of 48 I initiated the Eagleville front porch hawkwatch this afternoon and though viewing was a tad sporadic I came up with a total of turkey vulture (8), Cooper's hawk (2), Accipiter sp. (probably sharpie) (1), red-shouldered (3), broad-winged (51), and red-tail (3).

Other yard notables were a house wren, a common yellowthroat and a scarlet tanager.

Its been a good a few days here, as Sunday night we had a minimum of 290 nighthawks go over.

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net