[CT Birds] Golden Plovers, Skimmers, W-T KITE - Stratford 9/22

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 22 20:48:52 EDT 2010

9/22/2010 Stratford, Short Beach Park, 5:15 - 6:30pm (low tide with extensive
sandflats exposed) -- 3 AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVERS, 9 BLACK SKIMMERS [3 adults (one
with blue band on right leg and white band on left leg), 6 juveniles], 900
Laughing Gulls hawking insects over entire park (and over Stratford Point) as
well as bathing and roosting in shallows and flats), 350 Sanderlings, 210 DC
Cormorants.  Also continuing WHITE-TAILED KITE could be seen hovering/hunting at
Stratford Point.
Access Rd. pool - 8 Green-winged Teal with large flock of Mallards.

I looked through all the gulls I could in search of something rare (like a
Franklin's), but no luck.

Frank Mantlik