[CT Birds] Moonwatching

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 22:14:57 EDT 2010

 HI All,

Just thought some of you may be interested in this little video I made with my camera hand held up to my scope Monday night. If you haven't tried moonwatching yet it's fun to try and the next couple of nights at least provide perfect moon conditions (as for the migrants who knows?) Worth recalling that you may want to wear sunglasses if you are trying this outside and rest for a while between watches to avoid eye strain. The video is on my blog at http://underclearskies.com/2010/09/22/nocturnal-migrants/  The youtube video is probably best watched in full screen (hit the arrows button under the youtube video before playing). The video has 5 or 6 birds move through - see if you can spot them all - the first bird I can see is about 14 seconds in.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.underclearskies.com