[CT Birds] WT Kite/Great Stratford Bird Festival

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Sep 23 00:40:43 EDT 2010

If you are not aware, the Great Stratford Bird Festival is this weekend, the 24th through 26th: http://www.stratfordbirdfestival.com/

Many events take place at Stratford Point, and we would all love to see big crowds enjoying mostly free activities there and all over Stratford. You can find a schedule of events on the website above. This is your big chance to come see the White-tailed Kite, gate open and staff on hand. Even if you've seen it and want another look and you're unable to come here during the week, this is the time. Please pass this along to people out of state. I wrote some of this in the CAS blog: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2010/09/white-tailed-kite-day-53.html

Once again, since it has been mentioned lately, here is the new version of the White-tailed Kite and Stratford Point FAQ: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2010/09/white-tailed-kite-faq-2.html

When I opened the gate early last Saturday simply to prepare for this weekend's festival many visitors came in, including large groups of 15+ people and others who drove hours to see the kite. I had no idea so many people were still coming by on weekends, so with that in mind, please get the word out on Stratford Point being open all this weekend. Hope to see you there!

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.