[CT Birds] Watrous Park, Cromwell

Dr. Robert Mirer robert.m.mirer at snet.net
Thu Sep 23 17:25:40 EDT 2010

Thursday morning:

A flock of 36 Fish Crows were heading toward the Ct River/TPC Golf Course. Several were calling, and no Common Crow calls were heard, so I'm assuming they were all FICR.

2 Pine Warblers sang throughout the morning from a White Pine stand. I know these are relatively late migrants, but isn't it a little late for that? If they were the nesting residents, would they be defending territory at this time? And I don't think migrants would sing all morning. These were adult songs, not recently-fledged birds practicing. Any ideas?

Rob Mirer
South Windsor