[CT Birds] Northern Wheatear & other goodies!

Mardi Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Fri Sep 24 01:35:36 EDT 2010

 From Mardi & Townsend Dickinson:
9/23 - Allen's Meadow, Wilton, CT -- NORTHERN WHEATEAR 3:30-3:40PM
 From Across from the Baseball Field
at #5 & 6#. It then flew across to homeplate, then on the field #3
sign and working down. Was seen off and on
throught the rest of the afternoon. Last time we saw it was when we
left and saw it sitting on a yellow sign as
you come in or out, right at the end or beginning of the long stretch
just before turning in or out by home plate
area! Thank you Tina!

Other sighting we saw were CLAY-COLORED SPARROW right before the
community garden. Other birds were
American Pipit, Palm Warbler and a Red-Shouldered hawk. We didn't get
to see the Lark Sparrow that Matt Hoyt
found but no the less a great find! Thanks Matt, Maybe tomorrow, i
mean today!

Take a look at a few photos from today.
http://kymry.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/allens-meadow-sightings/

I also invite you to visit my new Blog at http://kymry.wordpress.com