[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite Yes..

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 14:50:05 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite was at Stratford Point sitting in a tree near the building when I arrived at 7 AM to set up banding for the Bird Festival.  It hung around for a little while then went to Short Beach and sat in a dead tree near the shore.  At Milford Point this morning a Golden Plover, a male Black-throated Blue, Magnolia Warbler, Prairie, and Palm warblers were reported, and there were at least three Red-breasted Nuthatches feeding in the trees by the building.  A female Northern Pintail was in the marsh and we saw 5-6 Yellow-crowned Night-Herons,10 Great Egrets, 2 Northern Harriers, a Kestrel, and an Osprey on a lovely canoe tour of the marsh this morning with a CT Audubon Coastal Center/Bird Festival group.  Frank Gallo